Kari had rave reviews on her Glory Bowls so she has shared the recipe with us!
It's from Whitewater Cooks, the ski hill cafe's recipe book. Those who've hit the slopes in Nelson know....
Kari's Glory Bowl
Bowl (enough for 8)
- 2 c cubed extra-firm tofu (or chicken or whatever suits your fancy)
- 8 c cooked brown rice*
- 2 c grated carrots
- 2 c grated beets**
- 2 c packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 c slivered almonds, toasted
*omit the rice and up the protein & veggies for paleo/WLC performance compliance
**I had no idea how amazing grated beets on salads were before this recipe.
Dressing (makes lots - delicious on other salad greens, noodle bowls, etc.) Side Note - You can buy the dressing pre made from a bunch of stores in Vancouver
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 c soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 c vegetable oil
1. Make rice. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, saute tofu cubes (or protein of your choice).
3. Make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except the oil in a blender. Add oil in a steady stream.
4. Assemble bowls: place 1 c. cooked brown rice into each bowl. Top with beets, carrots, spinach leaves, almonds, and sauteed protein (~1/4 c each). Drizzle with dressing.