Is there anything better than Ox Tail stew to warm cold bones during long winter nights?
If there is I don't know what it could be.
Made from cow's tail and chock-full of nutrition, Oxtail is popular with traditional cuisines all over the world.
Oxtail Stew is:
- super yummy
- traditionally used combat the flu and the common cold
- full of gelatin and collagen, which is great for bones, tendons, hair, and skin
- helps with muscle repair (great for physically active individuals)
- helps heal digestion
- rich in minerals (calcium, phosphorus)
- thought to be good for thyroid health and may help to fight adrenal fatigue
- high in electrolytes (magnesium, sodium and potassium)
Here are a couple of great Ox Tail Stew recipes for you to try:
A one dish meal.
Requires a pressure cooker and about an hour of prep + cook time.
This is a slow cooker dish.
20min prep time, and about 3.5hours cook time.
Autumn Oxtail would be great served over white rice.